Were you recently injured at your job? If so, you will need to contact a Georgia workers compensation attorney right away. You need a legal expert who can help you file your claim. A skilled attorney in Georgia can help you get the funds you need to settle your bills and get your life back on track.
What Are Your Workers Compensation Rights In Georgia?
If you have been injured at work you have several rights in the state of Georgia, under workers compensation laws. These rights include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- The right to file a workers compensation claim
- The right to appeal a denial of your claim
- The right to be represented by a Georgia workers compensation attorney
- The right to see a doctor after your injury
- The right to continued treatment for your injuries or any ongoing conditions that may result from them
- The right to return to your employment after being released by your doctor
- The right to obtain full disability compensation if you should be unable to return to your employment
Why Do You Need a Georgia Workers Compensation Lawyer?
There are several reasons why you really need a Georgia workers compensation lawyer. The first is to make sure that your claim is taken seriously in a court of law. Your insurance company may have offered you a payout that is inadequate to meet your needs. They may even have tried to give you reasons why they feel you don’t deserve a payout of any kind.
If this is the case, an attorney in Georgia can help you file your claim and get it heard by a court. Your attorney in Georgia will make sure that your case is listened to and you receive the settlement you need to cover your expenses.