We’ve all seen them on the roads: company cars branded with logos, driven for business purposes. Yet, with their increase, we’ve also observed a rise in accidents involving these vehicles. It’s crucial to remember that, just like any other vehicle on the road, company cars can be involved in mishaps due to various reasons, including reckless driving, distractions, and more.
Why Company Car Accidents are Different
Accidents involving company cars in Georgia present a distinctive set of challenges and considerations. Such vehicles, while being operated for business purposes, often blurs the lines of liability. Let’s delve a bit deeper:
- Shared Responsibility: Unlike typical accidents between personal vehicles, company car incidents might introduce the concept of vicarious liability. This means the company owning the car could potentially be held accountable for the actions of their employees while they’re on duty.
- Insurance Complexities: Company cars typically have a different kind of insurance policy, often with higher coverage limits. While this can be beneficial for the injured party, navigating these policies requires a nuanced understanding.
- Driving Records: Companies are expected to hire drivers with clean records. If it’s discovered that the driver had a problematic record, questions may arise about the company’s hiring practices, possibly leading to a negligence claim.
What to Do After a Company Car Accident
Experiencing an accident can be traumatic, more so when company vehicles are involved due to potential complexities. Following the right steps can significantly affect the outcome of any claims:
- Safety First: Always prioritize safety. Move to a safer location if possible and ensure that everyone involved is okay. If anyone appears injured, call 911 immediately.
- Document Everything: With smartphones being common, it’s easier than ever to capture the scene. Take pictures of vehicle damages, skid marks, traffic signals, and any other relevant details. This visual evidence can be critical.
- Witness Accounts: Witnesses can provide a neutral perspective of the accident. Collect their contact details. Their testimonies might prove invaluable, especially if there are discrepancies between the involved parties.
- Company Details: Ensure you jot down the details of the company the car represents. This can include the company name, contact number, and any insurance information provided.
- Immediate Legal Consultation: Given the potential complications of company car accidents, seeking legal advice promptly can be beneficial. An experienced personal injury attorney, especially one familiar with Atlanta’s legal landscape like us, can provide guidance on the next steps, ensuring your rights are protected and you’re positioned well for any claims.
Remember, with the added intricacies of company car accidents in Georgia, it’s essential to be thorough and proactive. Taking appropriate actions can make all the difference in ensuring a fair resolution.
Determining Fault in Company Car Incidents
In Georgia, determining fault in company car accidents can be more complex than regular vehicular accidents. Was the driver on duty? Was the driver negligent, or was the accident due to a mechanical fault with the company car? Unraveling these details is crucial in ensuring you get the compensation you deserve, and this is where having an experienced Atlanta personal injury lawyer can make all the difference.
Claiming Compensation After a Company Car Accident
If you’ve suffered due to a company car accident in Georgia, you might be entitled to compensation. This could cover your medical bills, loss of earnings, pain, and suffering, among other things. The process, however, can be intricate, with companies often having robust legal teams. To level the playing field, it’s essential to have someone experienced on your side, advocating for your rights.
Contact an Experienced Atlanta Personal Injury Lawyer
Our personal injury attorneys are dedicated to helping accident victims get fair compensation for their injuries. Whether your injuries are minor or catastrophic, we can help you proceed with your claim. Morain & Buckelew, LLC. is an experienced, knowledgeable, and compassionate firm with 60 years of experience representing injured individuals. We can help you every step of the way, so please get in touch to schedule your case evaluation or contact us at (404) 448-3146.