Grant Morain is an accomplished personal injury attorney with over 30 years of experience. He is dedicated to representing individuals and families who have been affected by serious injuries resulting from the negligence of others. Throughout his career, he has established a reputation as a skilled and dedicated advocate for his clients. He has also been a frequent speaker at legal education seminars, where he shares his expertise on personal injury and trial matters.
In addition to his professional pursuits, Grant is a devoted family man. He is married to Kristine Morain, who is also a practicing attorney, and is the proud father of two children.
Aside from his legal practice, Grant also has a passion for baseball. He is an owner of the Columbia Fireflies, the Single-A affiliate of the New York Mets.
- Recognized, Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers, every year from 2002 to the present.
- Georgia Super Lawyer, 2006 (as recognized by Atlanta Magazine)
- Georgia Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2005 (as recognized by Atlanta Magazine)
- Editorial Board, “The Verdict Magazine,” a publication of the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Champion Member, Georgia Trial Lawyers’ Association
- Advocate, National College of Advocacy
- Rated “AV” by Martindale-Hubbell
- Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Board of Directors, Atlanta Bar Association (Member, Sponsorship Committee), 2002 – 2004
- Chair, Board of Directors, Workers’ Compensation Section, Atlanta Bar Association, 2002 – 2003
- Emory University School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1991. Order of Barristers. Best Oralist, National Moot Court Competition. Member: Intrastate Moot Court Team; Emory University School of Law Moot Court Society.
- Davidson College, Bachelor of English, 1988.
- Proving Damages, “Settlement Stages: The First Place to Show Your Damages.” Institute of Continuing Legal Education. March 9, 2007 (prepared materials, but due to scheduling conflict, could not speak at seminar as scheduled)
- Winning Settlement Demand Packages; Program Chair. Institute of Continuing Legal Education. January 12, 2007.
- Proving Damages, “Settlement Stages: The First Place to Show Your Damages.” Institute of Continuing Legal Education. March 10, 2006.
- Special Tribute to America’s Best Lawyers Radio Program, Radio Interview produced by Sky Radio Network and broadcast exclusively on the Forbes Radio Channel on all American Airlines 29,000 monthly flights to its 4.2 million monthly passengers; to be aired on flights in February 2006.
- Advanced Workers’ Compensation, “Playing Well With Others: A Personal Injury Lawyer’s Perspective on Resolving Subrogation Issues.” Atlanta Bar Association, April 22, 2005.
- Solo Practice Workshop: Advice from the Experts; Emory University School of Law. February 28, 2005.
- GTLA Paralegal Workshop 2005; “The Power of PowerPoint.” Georgia Trial Lawyers Association. January 20, 2005.
- Winning Settlement Demand Packages; Program Chair and Speaker, “Professional and Persuasive Presentation: Using Demonstrative Evidence and Technology.” Institute of Continuing Legal Education. January 5, 2005.
- Mealey’s Advanced Skills for Litigation Paralegals; Program Chair, Lexis/Nexis Mealey Publications & Conferences Group, October 21, 2004.
- PowerPoint for Trial; Program Co-Chair, Institute of Continuing Legal Education. April 30, 2004.
- Winning Settlement Demand Packages; Program Chair, Institute of Continuing Legal Education. January 23, 2004.
- PowerPoint In The Courtroom; “Basic Use of PowerPoint In Advocacy.” Georgia Trial Lawyers Association. May 1, 2003.
- how To Try And Win A Personal Injury Case; “Technology in the Courtroom.” Institute of Continuing Legal Education, March 7, 2003.
- Winning Settlement Demand Packages; Program Chair, Institute of Continuing Legal Education. January 10, 2003 (recorded at studios of Georgia Public Broadcasting for video distribution).
- Subrogation and Reimbursement Issues; Program Co-Chair, Georgia Trial Lawyers Association. December 13, 2002.
- For Your Eyes Only VII; “Advocacy Techniques for Hearings and Mediations.” Georgia Trial Lawyers’ Assoc., WCCL, December 10, 2002.
- PowerPoint in the Courtroom; “Basic Use of Power Point in Advocacy.” Georgia Trial Lawyers’ Association. May 2, 2002.
- Solo Practice: Advice from the Experts; Emory University School of Law. April 8, 2002.
- How To Try and Win A Soft Tissue Case; “Direct Examination of the Plaintiff” and “Technology in the Courtroom.” Institute of Continuing Legal Education, March 8, 2002.
- Advanced Workers’ Compensation; Program Chair, Atlanta Bar Association, February 22, 2002.
- Start To Finish: Plaintiff’s Trial Marathon; “Direct and Cross Examination from the Perspective of the Plaintiff’s Lawyer.” Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, August 24, 2001 .
- How To Try and Win a Soft Tissue Case; “Direct Examination of the Plaintiff” and “Technology in the Courtroom.” Institute of Continuing Legal Education, March 9, 2001.
- Advanced Workers’ Compensation, “Ethical Considerations in Workers’ Compensation Litigation,” February 16, 2001.
- Commencement Speaker, Canfield High School (alma mater), Canfield, Ohio, June, 2000.
- Soup To Nuts; Basic Elements Of Disability And Injury Claims; Institute of Continuing Legal Education, May 12, 2000.
GRANT MORAIN’S CIVIC LEADERSHIP
- Holy Innocents’ Episcopal School; Member, Parents Association, Third Grade Representative 2012-2013, Ninth Grade Representative 2013-2014, Middle School Division Representative 2014-2015, Secretary 2015-2016, Upper School Division Representative, 2017-2018.
- Holy Innocents’ Baseball Team Parent, 2014, 2016.
- Murphey Candler Little League Board of Directors; Immediate Past President 2011-2012, President 2010-2011, Executive Vice President 2009-2010.
- Murphey Candler Little League Baseball; Coach/Manager, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012.
- North Atlanta Church Basketball League; Head Coach, 10 year-old girls team, 2013-2014.
- Finance Committee Chairman, Committee to Elect Judge Carl McCalla (candidate for State Court of DeKalb County), 2004
- YMCA Tee Ball Coach, 2005, 2006.
- YMCA Soccer Coach, 2004, 2005, 2006.
- Treasurer, Brookhaven Gardens Neighborhood Association, 2002
- President, Brookhaven Gardens Neighborhood Association, 1998, 1999, 2000.
- Member, Peachtree Presbyterian Church. Teacher, Two-Year Old Sunday School Class, 2002.
- Member, Capital City Country Club, 2007 to the present.